Skip to content
- Crankshaft pulley holding tool – No.0132.AA.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Removal/installation of timing chain requires:
- Turn crankshaft clockwise until crankshaft timing mark aligned with pointer  .
- Ensure camshaft adjuster timing mark at 12 o’clock position  .
- Ensure camshaft sprocket timing mark at 12 o’clock position  .
- Align yellow coloured chain link with crankshaft sprocket timing mark  .
- Align orange coloured chain link with timing mark on camshaft sprocket  .
- Align orange coloured chain link with timing mark on camshaft adjuster  .
- Reset timing chain tensioner  .
- Push plunger into tensioner body in direction of arrow  .
- Push pawl downwards  .
- Retain in position with suitable pin  .
- Remove pin to release timing chain tensioner plunger  .