- Crankshaft pulley holding tool – No.C.0132.AA.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Removal/installation of timing chain requires:
- Engine removal.
- Sump removal.
- Ensure camshaft sprocket timing marks at 12 o’clock position  &  : If not, turn crankshaft pulley 360°.
- Lock tensioner in retracted position:
- Lift pawl upwards  .
- Push plunger  through tensioner body in direction of arrow.
- Push pawl downwards  .
- Lock tensioner in retracted position with pin  .
- Ensure yellow coloured chain link aligned with timing marks on crankshaft sprocket  .
- Ensure orange coloured chain links aligned with timing mark on each camshaft sprocket  &  .
- Remove pin  to release timing chain tensioner plunger  .