Model: C4 2,0
Engine code: RFJ (EW10A)
Output: 105 (143) 6000
Tuned for: R-Cat AT
Camshaft drive belt/chain – R & I 2,50
• C4: Auxiliary drive belt tensioner tool – Citroen No.(-).1608.E.
• C4: Camshaft timing pins – Citroen No.(-).0194-B.
• C5: Camshaft timing pins – Citroen No.(-).0189-A or (-).0194-B.
• Flywheel/drive plate locking tool – Citroen No.(-).0189-R.
• Tensioner pulley adjusting tool – Citroen No.(-).0189-S1.
• Tensioner pulley locking tool – Citroen No.(-).0189-S2.
• Timing belt retaining clip – Citroen No.(-).0189-K.
• Disconnect battery earth lead.
• DO NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft when timing belt removed.
• Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
• Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
• DO NOT turn engine via camshaft or other sprockets.
• Observe all tightening torques.
1. Raise and support front of vehicle.
- RH front wheel.
- RH splash guard.
- Auxiliary drive belt. Use tool No.(-).1608.E.
3. Unclip fuel supply pipe (on timing belt cover).
4. Support engine.
О RH engine mounting.
О Timing belt upper cover  .
6. Turn crankshaft clockwise to setting position.
7. Insert flywheel/drive plate locking tool. Tool No.(-).0189-R:
- [A] : MT.
- [B] : AT.
NOTE: Vehicles with AT: Drive plate locking tool will not fit flush in housing.
8. C4: Disconnect PAS pipes from RH inner wing panel. Move to one side.
9. Insert timing pins in camshaft sprockets  &  . Tool No.(-).0189-A or No.(-).0194-B.
- Crankshaft pulley bolt  .
- Crankshaft pulley  .
- Timing belt lower cover  .
NOTE: Always have tools [A] or [B] ,  &  inserted before removing crankshaft pulley  .
11. Slacken tensioner pulley bolt  .
12. Turn tensioner pulley clockwise. Use Allen key  .
13. Remove timing belt.
1. Ensure flywheel locking tool located correctly [A] or [B] .
2. Ensure timing pins located correctly  &  .
3. Fit adjusting tool to tensioner pulley  . Tool No.(-).0189-S1.
4. Turn tensioner pulley clockwise until pointer past notch  .
5. Fit locking tool to tensioner pulley  . Tool No.(-).0189-S2.
6. Remove adjusting tool from tensioner pulley  .
NOTE: Ensure crankshaft keyway is at 9 o’clock position.
7. Fit timing belt to crankshaft sprocket.
8. Secure belt to crankshaft sprocket with retaining clip. Tool No.(-).0189-K  .
9. Fit timing belt in following order:
- Guide pulley.
- Inlet camshaft sprocket (CA1).
- Exhaust camshaft sprocket (CA2).
- Water pump sprocket.
- Tensioner pulley.
NOTE: Ensure timing belt is fitted flush with sprockets and pulleys.
10. Remove tools  ,  &  .
11. Fit timing belt lower cover  .
12. Fit crankshaft pulley  .
13. Tighten crankshaft bolt  . Tightening torque: 40±4 Nm + 40±4°.
14. Turn tensioner pulley anti-clockwise until pointer  at position  . Use Allen key  .
NOTE: The pointer should pass notch  by at least 10°. If not, replace tensioner pulley.
15. Turn tensioner pulley clockwise until pointer and notch aligned  &  .
NOTE: If pointer passes notch  , repeat tensioning procedure.
16. Tighten tensioner pulley bolt  . Tightening torque: 19-23 Nm.
WARNING: Hold tensioner pulley during tightening to prevent it from turning. Allen key socket  must be approximately 15° below cylinder head gasket level. If not, replace tensioner pulley.
17. Remove tools [A] or [B] &  .
18. Turn crankshaft 10 turns clockwise to setting position.
19. Insert timing pin in inlet camshaft sprocket  .
20. Ensure tensioner pointer and notch aligned  &  . If not: Repeat tensioning procedure.
21. Remove timing pin from inlet camshaft sprocket  .
22. Install components in reverse order of removal.