- Camshaft adjuster tool – No.T10067.
- Camshaft locking tool – No.T10068.
- Crankshaft pulley holding tool – No.T10069.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Timing chains located at rear of engine. Transmission removal required for repairs.
- Engine at TDC on No.1 cylinder  .
NOTE: Ground tooth on crankshaft sprocket aligned with rear main bearing joint  .
- Ensure intermediate shaft sprocket timing marks aligned  .
- Fit locking tool to camshafts  . Tool No.T10068.
- Ensure there are 20 chain link pins  located between the timing marks on both camshaft sprockets  .
- During cylinder head repairs, with engine installed:
- Engine positioned correctly at TDC on No.1 cylinder  when slot on intermediate shaft sprocket visible  .
- If slot not visible, turn crankshaft one turn.
- Remove tensioner(s) to ease timing chain removal/installation.
- Before removing camshaft adjuster, install and hand tighten tool  . Tool No.T10067.NOTE: DO NOT overtighten tool.
NOTE: Bolts for camshaft sprockets and auxiliary shaft sprockets MUST only be used once  &  .
- During assembly, ensure mating faces between camshaft sprockets and camshaft sprocket bolts are kept dry.
- Camshaft rotation can be prevented using 32 mm spanner at positions shown  .NOTE: DO NOT use camshaft locking tool  to prevent camshaft rotation.
- Reset lower timing chain tensioner before installation:
- Release locking mechanism  . Use screwdriver.
- Push chain tensioner  against tensioner guide  .
- Install tensioner(s) after timing chain installation.
- Upper chain tensioner  . Tightening torque: 40 Nm.
- Lower chain tensioner bolts  . Tightening torque: 8 Nm.
NOTE: Crankshaft pulley bolt MUST only be used once  .