Nissan Pathfinder R51 2.5D dCi 2004-10 cambelt change instructions and replacement inteval. Full guide!
- Crankshaft pulley holder – No.KV10109300.
- Crankshaft pulley puller – No.KV11103000.
- High-pressure fuel pump sprocket locking tool – No.KV11106030.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove glow plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Removal/refitting requires:
- Engine removal.
- Sump removal.
NOTE: Refer to Technical Data module for tightening torques.
NOTE: Timing chain marks on high-pressure fuel pump sprocket maybe difficult to see.
- Ensure engine at TDC on No.1 cylinder  .
- Secondary timing chain and tensioner.
- Primary timing chain tensioner.
- High-pressure fuel pump sprocket and primary timing chain.
- Ensure crankshaft sprocket keyway at 12 o’clock position  .
- Install high-pressure fuel pump sprocket and primary timing chain.
- Insert high-pressure fuel pump sprocket locking tool  .
- Align silver coloured primary chain link with high-pressure fuel pump sprocket timing mark  .
- Align yellow coloured primary chain link with crankshaft sprocket timing mark  .
- Align silver coloured secondary chain links with timing mark on each camshaft sprocket  .
- Align yellow coloured secondary chain link with high-pressure fuel pump sprocket timing mark  .
- Reset timing chain tensioners:
- Push plungers into tensioner housings and lock with retaining clips.
- Refit timing chain tensioners.
- Remove retaining clips.
- Lubricate crankshaft pulley bolt during assembly.
- Fit crankshaft pulley.
- Tighten crankshaft pulley bolt to 75 Nm. Slacken 360°. Tighten to 75 Nm + 120°  .