- Crankshaft locking pin – No.KM-6203.
- Flywheel/drive plate locking tool – No.KM-652.
- Injection pump gear holding tool – No.KM-6293.
- Injection pump gear puller – No.KM-6207.
- Intermediate gear locking tool – No.KM-6294.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove glow plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other gears.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing gear(s) removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Engine at TDC on No.1 cylinder.
- Rock crankshaft slightly to ensure crankshaft locking pin located correctly  .
- Ensure crankshaft keyway at 12 o’clock position  .
- Align timing mark on injection pump gear with mark on timing case  .
- Ensure injection pump gear holding tool can be fitted  .
- Intermediate gears have no timing marks  &  .
- Tighten injection pump gear nut to 90 Nm  .
- Tighten coolant pump gear nut to 40 Nm  .