- Engine support tool – No.KM-6210-A.
- Flywheel locking tool – No.KM-6433-1.
- High-pressure fuel pump gear puller 1 x 2 – No.KM-161-3.
- High-pressure fuel pump gear puller 2 – No.KM-161-B.
- High-pressure fuel pump sprocket holding tool – No.KM-6245.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove glow plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- DO NOT use special tools listed above to lock engine when slackening sprocket bolts.
- Observe tightening torques.
- Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Engine at TDC on No.1 cylinder  .
- Ensure timing marks on camshaft sprocket aligned with blue coloured links  .
- Ensure timing mark on high-pressure fuel pump sprocket aligned with yellow coloured link  .
- Ensure timing marks on camshaft gears aligned with timing marks on auxiliary gear 1  .
- Align timing marks on crankshaft gear and auxiliary gear 2  .
- Align timing marks on auxiliary gear 2 and high-pressure fuel pump gear  .
- Align timing marks on auxiliary gear 2 and balancer shaft gear 1  .
- Align timing marks on auxiliary gear 2 and auxiliary gear 3  .
- Align timing marks on auxiliary gear 3 and balancer shaft gear 2  .
- Remove tensioner assembly before carrying out engine repairs  .
- Reset timing chain tensioner:
- Turn ratchet clockwise to release tensioner  .
- Push plunger into tensioner body in direction of arrow  .
- Insert suitable pin to lock tensioner plunger  .
- Fit camshaft sprocket and timing chain. Ensure camshaft sprocket aligns with exhaust camshaft gear locating pin  .
- Install tensioner after repairs  .
- Remove locking pin  .
- Tighten camshaft sprocket bolt. Tightening torque: 63 Nm.
NOTE: Remove blanking plug from timing cover. Before removing high-pressure fuel pump gear lock auxiliary gear 2 with suitable bolt  .