- Camshaft sprocket locking tool – Ford No.303-735.
- Flywheel timing pin – Ford No.303-1059.
- Flywheel locking tool – Ford No.303-393.
- Flywheel locking tool adaptor – Ford No.303-393-01.
- Tensioner locking tool – Ford No.100-010.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove glow plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Removal/installation of timing chain requires:
- Timing belt removal.
- Camshaft housing removal.
- Ensure flywheel timing pin located correctly  .
- Ensure flywheel locking tool installed  .
- Ensure camshaft sprocket locking tool located correctly  .
- Align coloured chain links with timing mark on each sprocket  &  .
- Lock tensioner in retracted position:
- Push plunger into tensioner housing  and insert tensioner locking tool  .
- Remove tensioner locking tool  to release timing chain tensioner plunger.