- Camshaft alignment tool 1 – No.11 4 281.
- Camshaft alignment tool 2 – No.11 4 282.
- Camshaft alignment tool 3 – No.11 4 283.
- Flywheel/drive plate timing pin – No.11 0 300.
- Sensor gear alignment tool – No.11 4 290.
- Timing chain pre-tensioning tool – No.11 9 340.
- Torque wrench – No.00 9 250.
- Disconnect battery earth lead.
- Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
- Turn engine in normal direction of rotation (unless otherwise stated).
- Observe tightening torques.
- If fitted: Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
- Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
Valve timing procedures
- Removal/installation of timing chain requires:
- Sump removal.
- Engine at TDC on No.1 cylinder.
- Remove blanking plug from cylinder block.
- Insert flywheel/drive plate timing pin  .
NOTE: Engine should not turn if flywheel/drive plate timing pin fitted correctly.
- Ensure inlet camshaft lobes for No.1 cylinder angled upwards  .
- Ensure part number on each camshaft is facing upwards  .
- Ensure exhaust camshaft lobes for No.6 cylinder are positioned as shown  .
- Ensure camshaft alignment tools can be fitted  ,  &  .
- If not, adjust camshafts as follows:
- Slacken central bolt on each camshaft adjuster  .
- Remove tensioner assembly  .
NOTE: If chain tensioner is to be re-used it must be drained of oil. Compress plunger slowly twice.
- Ensure sensor gear locating holes at 9 o’clock position  .
- Install sensor gear alignment tool and secure to cylinder head  .
- Install timing chain pre-tensioning tool  .
- Screw in adjusting screw until in contact with guide rail.
- Pre-load timing chain with tensioning tool to 0,6 Nm  .
- Tighten central bolt on each camshaft adjuster  . Tightening torque: 20 Nm + 180°.
NOTE: Central bolt of camshaft adjusters MUST only be used once.
- Flywheel/drive plate timing pin  .
- Sensor gear alignment tool  .
- Camshaft alignment tools  ,  &  .
- Timing chain pre-tensioning tool  .
- Install tensioner assembly  . Tightening torque: 55 Nm.
- Turn crankshaft two turns clockwise.
- Ensure flywheel/drive plate timing pin and camshaft alignment tools can be refitted  ,  ,  &  .
NOTE: Crankshaft pulley central bolt MUST only be used once.